Thanks in advance – MarkContinue reading Jacob Jones Family Fun Day
Come and join in the fun with our cheerleading classes!
Cheerleading classes will be held at Witham Town FC on Monday evenings during term time.
Monday (term time)
Age: 12yrs – plus
Time: 8pm to 9pm
Price: £6 per session (15% off when full term paid in advance)
Witham Town FC
Didn’t Get The Grades? Don’t Panic.
Gemeg Education have teamed up with the University Centre of Doncaster to create a new BSc Degree in Sport Science and Coaching Football that is delivered entirely online.
For the very first time, Gemeg are offering a degree that covers a whole range of topics across the football industry that allows young people the opportunity to study in their own environment, be it from home, at their club or abroad.
Aspiring footballers are increasingly looking at attaining additional qualifications to provide them with wider career options and, perhaps more in the case of non-league footballers, a career in addition to football.
The programme is delivered via the experienced staff at University Centre of Doncaster with support from Gemeg with the three year course the first of its kind to be offered entirely online and is accredited by the University of Hull.
Covering all areas of the game modules include, Foundations of Psychology in Football, Applied Physiology in Strength & Conditioning, Advanced Football Coaching Practice and Talent Development in Football.
Students will be equipped with a skill set that will make them stand out in the competitive workplace environment. Possible careers include performance analysis, football coaching, coach-educator, sport development officer, strength and conditioning coaching, sports psychology or academy coaching.
In addition to formal study, Gemeg have formed a partnership with the University of Valencia, giving students the opportunity to study abroad during their second or third year.
Students can train at the fantastic La Nucia centre in Spain with local based teams furthering the young player’s knowledge of the European game.
Alex Williamson, Business Development Manager at Gemeg, said: “Initial feedback from our Degree has been extremely encouraging, we have met with a number of Premier League and Football League clubs as well as private academies and non-league clubs, who are all massively excited to offer this to their young players.
“Young player development is key to any sports franchise both on and off the pitch, and we believe our BSc degree in Sport Science and Coaching Football is the next step in helping clubs to achieve that.”
Interested? Please book your place below.
Braintree Town FC have done the unthinkable and confirmed their place in the playoffs for the football league with a 3-0 win against Altrincham F.C. on Saturday and finished the season in 3rd place.
The Club is getting bigger every year and with the academy developing so many young players the future is bright. Don’t miss your opportunity to join the academy in September.
Braintree Town Academy will be running their final open trial day on Tuesday 24th May for our September 2016 intake for our full time academy.
The trial will take place at Witham Town Football Club from 6:30pm until 7:30pm, followed by a presentation from 7:30pm until 9pm.
This opportunity is available to 16-18 year olds who have a keen interest in football and would like access to good quality coaching, whilst also continuing their education within a club environment.
The club delivers a 2 year elite program, working in partnership with VLUK Learning to provide scholars with access to a full-time football & education course.
The scholars combine training with their studies every day from Monday to Friday and compete in 4 leagues, Ryman U21’s, Thurlow Nunn League, Conference Youth Alliance and VLUK League. The Academy also feed players into Ryman side Witham Town FC and Braintree Town FC first team, currently in the National League.
The program is designed to provide a blend of football & educational studies, and those scholars who don’t make the grade as footballers will still leave with academic qualifications and additional life skills.
HND Coaching and Developing Sport:
- Successful completion of this course could lead into year three of sports degree programmes at university. Career opportunities with private or local authority sports centres as sports coaches and leaders, sports development staff, fitness/gym staff, leisure centre staff, health and fitness staff. Employers may include: local authority, local sports organisations, private clubs/hotels and/or leisure trusts.
BTEC Level 3 – National Diploma in Sport: (entry level – 5 GCSE A-C grades including maths & english)
- The 180 Credit Level 3 Extended Diploma that you will gain if you complete 180 credits deepens the specialist work related focus. It is broadly equivalent to three GCE A Levels.
- If you complete this qualification with a distinction star, this is worth 420 UCAS Points.
The education program and coaching experience provides the learners with the opportunity to enhance the number of pathways open to them upon completion of the course. The Academy will be on hand to speak with parents and potential scholars about the course in more detail and answer any questions raised.
This program is by far the most exciting opportunity for this age group, and provides an excellent platform for young people to gain a qualification whilst being a full time youth footballer at a National League club.
During 2015/16 – Braintree Town Academy finished in 4th spot in the Conference Youth Alliance League. In total, 10 Academy players have signed first team forms with Alife Walker making his debut and 3 players finished the season on loan to AFC Sudbury and Canvey Island in the Ryman League
To sign up for the academy please click on the TRIALS link below and complete the online form.
Date: Tuesday 24th May 2016.
Location: Witham Town Football Club, The Village Glass Stadium, Spa Road, Witham, Essex, CM8 1UN
The Braintree Town Academy will be hosting Open Trials for aspiring young footballers during the February half term.
Date: Tuesday 16th February 2016 Time: 10am to 1pm Location: Discovery Centre Great Notley Braintree CM77 7FS Trial Form
SUCCESSES SO FAR:
- 2014/15 Season: 3 Academy players made their First team debuts for Braintree Town F.C. in the Vanarama National League with Joe Maybanks signing a two year contract
- 2015/16 Season: 6 Academy players have signed first team forms for Braintree Town F.C. with Alfie Walker making his debut against Dover Athletic
- 3 Academy players currently on loan to Ryman teams
- 2 Players have represented Suffolk U18 squad
- 2 Players currently on trial for their national team
- Currently 3 ex-football college players employed as coaches for Braintree Town Academy
SUCCESSFUL PLAYERS FROM THE TRIAL WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Links with Braintree Town F.C (The National League) and Witham Town F.C (Ryman North)
- A daily structured football programme with UEFA B Licensed coaches
- A full range of fulltime educational courses including BTEC courses, ‘A’ levels and GCSEs
- A competitive fixture schedule in local and national college league, under 21’s league and cup competitions
If you would like to attend our trial day, please complete the online Trial form
For further information please contact: Admin@braintreetownacademy.org.uk
Powered by - Razor Edge Media