CHEERLEADINGCome and join in the fun with our cheerleading classes! Cheerleading classes will be held at Witham Town FC on Monday evenings during term time.
Monday (term time)
Time: 6pm to 7pm
Price: £6 per session (15% off when full term paid in advance)
Witham Town FC
Didn’t Get The Grades? Don’t Panic.
Gemeg Education have teamed up with the University Centre of Doncaster to create a new BSc Degree in Sport Science and Coaching Football that is delivered entirely online.
For the very first time, Gemeg are offering a degree that covers a whole range of topics across the football industry that allows young people the opportunity to study in their own environment, be it from home, at their club or abroad.
Aspiring footballers are increasingly looking at attaining additional qualifications to provide them with wider career options and, perhaps more in the case of non-league footballers, a career in addition to football.
The programme is delivered via the experienced staff at University Centre of Doncaster with support from Gemeg with the three year course the first of its kind to be offered entirely online and is accredited by the University of Hull.
Covering all areas of the game modules include, Foundations of Psychology in Football, Applied Physiology in Strength & Conditioning, Advanced Football Coaching Practice and Talent Development in Football.
Students will be equipped with a skill set that will make them stand out in the competitive workplace environment. Possible careers include performance analysis, football coaching, coach-educator, sport development officer, strength and conditioning coaching, sports psychology or academy coaching.
In addition to formal study, Gemeg have formed a partnership with the University of Valencia, giving students the opportunity to study abroad during their second or third year.
Students can train at the fantastic La Nucia centre in Spain with local based teams furthering the young player’s knowledge of the European game.
Alex Williamson, Business Development Manager at Gemeg, said: “Initial feedback from our Degree has been extremely encouraging, we have met with a number of Premier League and Football League clubs as well as private academies and non-league clubs, who are all massively excited to offer this to their young players.
“Young player development is key to any sports franchise both on and off the pitch, and we believe our BSc degree in Sport Science and Coaching Football is the next step in helping clubs to achieve that.”
Interested? Please book your place below.
ABOUT ASHTON PILATES
- Bespoke 1-to-1 sessions at home or in the workplace
- Engaging & challenging group classes for up 12 people
- Workouts for individuals to undertake in their own time that are tailored to their goals and fitness levels
- Specific sessions for athletes across all individual or team sports designed to improve functional strength, flexibility and mobility in line with the demands of their sport
- Mentoring to individuals who require ongoing support to achieve their fitness and lifestyle goals
For further information on what Ashton Pilates can offer you, please click to view our brochure.
PERSONAL PROFILE ATTRIBUTES
- A professional athlete who has experienced the benefits of Pilates first-hand during periods of injury as well as when maintaining the strength, balance, mobility and body control necessary to excel in a high performance environment.
- Able to understand and relate to the fitness and injury needs of athletes from any sport, applying this knowledge to help enhance performance levels, extend careers, and provide a foundation to return from injury better than ever.
- Committed to passing on this knowledge to help athletes and individuals from any walk of life, using a range of group and bespoke 1-to-1 programs to make tangible improvements to their health, happiness and standard of living.
Request a Trial
Braintree Town Academy is an academic programme and we only trial players for the Academy and Under 21s, however if we feel your ability is good enough, we will not hesitate in putting you onto a first team pathway.
If you’re successful, you will then join the education programme for the academic year studying one of the below.
- BTEC – Level 2 & 3.
- Degree in Sports Science & Coaching Football.
- 15 year olds (year 11 students) – to 20 year olds.
- Trials are currently only open to UK based applicants.
- Trials are only for the Academy (academic programme).
- We do not accommodate and all students will be required to travel to Braintree and Witham 5 days a week.